Pair PL700 "Tripod" headlamps EXC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair PL700 "Tripod" headlamps EXC

Pair of PL700 "reproduction Lucas" tripod headlamps. Moss part# 156-898. These were installed and used, but are in almost perfect condition. The glass is flawless and the enameled metal shells are almost perfect. Bear in mind that, while these headlamps look awesome, add character to your small leaky Brit, and work pretty well, there are better headlamps out there in term of pure function. I ended up swapping them out for a pair of Cibies for somewhat better illumination because I do a fair amount of night driving, and these puppies just don't cut it. So, these will be perfect if you don't spend much time on the road at night, or if you want beautiful period-correct headlamps for British Car Day. Come with rubber boots, the original 45/40W bulbs and a pair of heavy duty 60/55W halogens. $90/pr plus shipping

THESE ITEMS ARE SOLD
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P2040003.jpg Views:	2 Size:	587.3 KB ID:	519697Click image for larger version  Name:	P2040004.jpg Views:	1 Size:	361.4 KB ID:	519695Click image for larger version  Name:	P2040005.jpg Views:	1 Size:	840.1 KB ID:	519696
    Attached Files
    156-898 PL700 Tripod Headlamp Set|<P>The PL700 was fitted to many high-end sports cars. The unique lens design and prominent PL-badged tripod mounted reflector give a distinct look that is part of the historical heritage of our cars. These lamps are reput
    Last edited by Litespud; 02-05-2019, 12:55 AM.
    Dave C
    '72 Sapphire #CC82360UO
    Chapel Hill NC

Hey Dave, if they aren’t spoken for, I’ll take them. PM me please if they are still available.

Cheers
    Tush
    81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
    73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
    62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
    60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO

Comment

Hi Tush - they're yours. Give me a couple of days to get them packed up properly and we can sort out shipping etc. Cheers. DC
      Dave C
      '72 Sapphire #CC82360UO
      Chapel Hill NC

Comment

Pm’d You Dave.

Cheers,
        Tush
        81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8
        73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
        62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
        60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO

Comment

Watch out for deer!

I don't venture out on country roads at night in my TRs for that reason. I have an expressway loop with a 4-lane Federal highway return leg which I'll do at night, but that's it. Too many deer around here.

My solution for light upgrade is 100W bulbs; these are fine with the original wiring harness but repro looms have lighter gauge wire so I wouldn't. Quite bright high beams, on par with modern lights.

I've got the Tripods in my show car.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Litespud View Post
            I ended up swapping them out for a pair of Cibies for somewhat better illumination because I do a fair amount of night driving,
            Dave - where did you source your Cibies, out of curiosity? I'm looking to upgrade from the junk Walmart Sylvania sealed beam units I currently have.

Also what wattage are you using in the Cibies?

Assuming from what you wrote that you are happy with them?
            Keith, Huntsville AL, 1971 CC66559U
            10.0:1 CR gasflowed head | Weber DCOEs | CP "150hp" Cam | Distibutor by Advanced | Lightened flywheel | Phoenix SS Exhaust System | HVDA 5-Speed | Good Parts suspension and anti-roll bars | Konig Rewinds | Boyd 15 gal tank | Miata Seats and Mr Mikes covers | Carl Visser dash | Mohair hood | Gas-strut bonnet and boot lift kits

Comment

Keith, here is where I got my Cibie head lamps...
              Cibie, Hella, Marchal, Carello stockists. E-code headlamps, fog lamps, driving lamp, bulbs, and full technical support and assistance
              Jim / NW Ohio
              "Tillie"... a '74 dressed like a '69 / CF14608U
              Blog: www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tripp74 View Post
                Keith, here is where I got my Cibie head lamps...
                Thanks JIm - thought it might be Daniel Stern - I've been in touch with him before. Are you happy with yours?
                Keith, Huntsville AL, 1971 CC66559U
                10.0:1 CR gasflowed head | Weber DCOEs | CP "150hp" Cam | Distibutor by Advanced | Lightened flywheel | Phoenix SS Exhaust System | HVDA 5-Speed | Good Parts suspension and anti-roll bars | Konig Rewinds | Boyd 15 gal tank | Miata Seats and Mr Mikes covers | Carl Visser dash | Mohair hood | Gas-strut bonnet and boot lift kits

Comment

Yes, I'm happy with them but I must admit I don't do a lot of night driving...
                  Jim / NW Ohio
                  "Tillie"... a '74 dressed like a '69 / CF14608U
                  Blog: www.trippstr6.blogspot.com

Comment

Keith - Daniel Stern. IIRC I have 65/55 halogens with separate relays for Hi’s and Lo’s. they’re a significant improvement on the tripods, but I’d like even brighter. While I try to be a good driving citizen, I want enough light to sear retinas, or see a deer way down the road, if I need to. When I have some money in the car budget I might explore some LEDs. I replaced all the rear lights with LEDs, and the back of the car lights up like a Christmas tree
                    Last edited by Litespud; 02-07-2019, 01:24 AM.
                    Dave C
                    '72 Sapphire #CC82360UO
                    Chapel Hill NC

Comment

Jim,

This is whatr you got?

Cibie H4 & H1 headlamps • 5.75” round

Buy Them Now

H4 high/low beam, convex (domed) lens: $168/pair
                      H4 high/low beam, convex (domed) lens, w/parking light: $178/pair

Regulatory compliance: ECE (European E-Code); SAE M
                      1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

Probably 7" lights, skootch.
                        These are the Cibie headlights on my 73...They have a good reputation for lens and reflector...as far as theH4 bulb within, there are sooo many choices. Hella 60/55 H4's put out a good amount of light.
                        If you are headlight shopping and if you can open this link with a 'google search' I think you'll benefit from it.
                        winktimber.com/vintagerally/gear/lights/cibie_catalog..1985
                        Last edited by poolboy; 02-08-2019, 10:47 AM.
                        Driving a 1973 TR6
                        Doing ZS carb repairs
                        email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Thanks Ken, I did the relay kit last fall but I have the Lucas headlights. I'm all about night vision so this is on my radar.
                          Last edited by skootch13; 02-08-2019, 05:05 PM.
                          1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1959 Red TR3 (Wife's)

Comment

Pair PL700 "Tripod" headlamps EXC

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 37,903   Posts: 474,248   Members: 8,188   Active Members: 269
                          Welcome to our newest member, FRANNY.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                          X