TR250 Project 10k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR250 Project 10k

I’ve decided I’m never going to finish the project I started back in 2002. Yes, 2002! It is a factory overdrive car. Royal blue with black trim

As the subject line states it’s a TR250 project. Much has been done, many new parts have been purchased and are included.

The chassis is from a 75 TR6. New trailing are frame sections welded in. The front diff mounts have been reinforced. Any other cracks were fixed as well. I sand blasted the frame and suspension bits then finished with POR-15.

The engine has been disassembled. I had 2 sleeves installed due to pitting. Cylinders were machined to .040 over. County pistons with Hastings rings were installed. The crank is .010 under and BALANCED. The rods were reconditioned and balanced as well. I installed Scott Helms thrust washers and the steel sealing block up front. The head was shaved to 9.5:1. New hardened seats were installed as well as new exhaust valves and double springs...supporting the Richard Good GP2 cam along with his hardened cam followers. I’ve not installed the cam yet. ARP head studs were installed. The head has not been installed yet nor timing chain etc. I do have everything to put it back together. I have the original TR250 carbs, intake, & Airbox.

The overdrive gearbox has been rebuilt and tested by Phil...thank you sir!

The car was hit pretty hard in the rear many years before I bought the car. The rear clip is from a TR4. Most folks wouldn’t be able to tell, but 250 nuts can. The bump stops on the wheel arches aren’t there. It has been drilled for reverse lights tho. The hump for the diff is taller than that of a 6/250. The dog legs around the cockpit are TR4...wider. The floors are solid as are the inner/outer rockers. The front clip is all 250. The panels are all solid as are the bonnet, boot lid, & doors. Sadly some of the panels were stripped & left to rust by the stupid painter that I’d rather not talk about

I purchased a new SHADOW BLUE/w white piping seat and panel kit. I have a new shadow blue carpet kit as well. Sadly no foam kit

It comes with a new wiring harness as well. I have all the gauges, dash support, metal dash, heater box, original enamel emblems (near mint condition). Includes all stainless trim (doors, wings, sills) and all chrome bits, Spears, rear tail light housings...all in excellent condition. Bumpers are included as are over riders. All in excellent condition. Grill is very nice. Comes with original 2-speed wiper motor and the tubes and drive cord. I basically have the tub stripped for paint

I can provide a convertible top frame but not top. It was a wire wheel car. I have adapters but no wires. It’s currently on tr6 wheels. Comes with solid TR250 seats

Yes it’s going to need prep work and paint, but this is a huge head start for someone. I’m sure I’m forgetting things that I have. I have receipts for the engine work, but the head was done so long ago the paper work as gone missing

Consider your abilities and write for more info. I will post pics in the next few days. The title is clean and in my name. The engine is within a few hundred of the commission number and I do have the original tags. If you add up the cost of engine work and rebuilt gearbox, you’re nearly at half the asking price for a 1-year only car

Todd
    So much rust, so little time

TR250 Project 10k

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,601   Posts: 480,217   Members: 8,268   Active Members: 185
Welcome to our newest member, Tr5plus1.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X